The BD director will work closely with the Chief Business Officer in the evaluation, development, implementation, and management of partnerships, collaborations, and/or acquisitions. This key role will be responsible for the BD process and coordinate a team of functional experts in science, clinical, program management, global marketing, legal, and finance to evaluate opportunities, develop relationships with external parties, and ensure efficient completion of business development projects.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- According to the company’s product pipeline strategy, monitor the trends of new drug research and development in the field of ophthalmology, contact the target company in an appropriate way, and obtain the target project information.
- Responsible for liaising with domestic and foreign companies, organizing internal and external technical exchanges for the target project, and analyzing and evaluating the return on investment of the project.
- Manage the BD processes including initial and final evaluations, due diligence, business negotiations, etc.
- Investigate the target market, and make an accurate and timely market research report.
- Responsible for the writing of the business case.
- Participate in the effective supervision of the project implementation and alliance management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, Biology, Medicine and other related majors, Master’s degree and/or business degree is preferred.
- Training in project management, financial management, drug laws and regulations is preferred.
- Familiarity with domestic and foreign pharmaceutical enterprises, pharmaceutical products, market status and development trend; and familiarity with pharmaceutical drug registration, R & D processes, enterprise operation and management process, and relevant BD work experience; are preferred.
- Proficient in PowerPoint/Excel and other business tools.
- Excellent learning ability and independent problem-solving ability.
- Proficient in both Chinese and English.