Design and validate novel antibody therapeutics using various tools like computer modeling, high-throughput screening and multiple display technologies.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Demonstrate leadership and critical thinking skills, and most importantly, passion to contribute to making new medicines to treat ophthalmic diseases.
- Oversee part of or the whole protein discovery and engineering team in terms of work arrangement, data analysis and troubleshooting.
- Summarize research results in publication quality figures and report results to function head.
- Maintain high quality experimental records.
- Establish and validate new SOPs and update current ones.
- Be up to date with current industrial and academic progress by self-motivated reading and other ways of exploration.
- Design and validate novel protein therapeutics, in particular, bispecific antibodies, using multiple tools.
- Perform high-throughput antibody screening and engineering for drug discovery.
- Small-scale high-throughput protein expression and purification.
- Characterization of proteins, including but not limited to SDS-PAGE, SEC, Western blot, cIEF, etc.
- Be open-minded, resourceful and innovative; more importantly, have passion to contribute to the perfection of antibody engineering platform.
- Well-organized and self-motivated, with high team spirit and a keen interest in learning.
- Communicate timely and effectively with function head.
- A PhD degree with at least 2 years working experience in protein engineering and/or protein structure studies.
- Expert in protein expression and purification systems, especially AKTA.
- Expert in protein analysis methods, e.g., thermostability, cIEF, SEC, HIC, LC-MS, etc.
- Familiar with basic molecular work like PCR, real-time PCR, cloning, SDS-PAGE, etc.
- Good academic writing skills in English.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, both English and Chinese.